About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Toys

Tate 19 weeks old.
Tate had his 4 month appointment last week and I forgot to record his stats. Weight: 14 pounds, 8 ounces. 40th percentile
Length: 25 and a half inches. 75th percentile
The doctor was concerned at his drop in weight percentile. Last time he was in the 75th, so we have another appointment in a month to check his weight again and see if he levels out. I was super surprised because I feel like he is a big baby but I guess he's not abnormally big after all.

New things for Tatie: He's started to get more control over his hands and can aim and grab whatever he wants. He gets this really serious, focused look on his face when he sees something within his grasp and he reaches out, grabs it, and pulls it slowly into his mouth. So cute. He really loves his play mat. It never gets boring. He's interested in Rosie more too. When he's on the ground and he sees her sitting nearby, he reaches out his hand toward her and she comes over and licks it. He loves it. I wish she wouldn't. It's gross.

He's starting to even out his nap times a bit. I can sort of predict when he's going to go to sleep or when I can just put him to sleep during the day as long as we're at home. When we're out, all bets are off. It's nice to have a little more predictability during the day. It still varies every now and then, but it's much better. Now if we could just get him to stop waking up at night. Baby steps.

I have a fun new toy as well! My mom bought me a serger for my birthday and I've been playing with it this week. I'm super excited to try some new projects and brush up on things I've made before. I really enjoy sewing. It's a fun creative outlet that is good for me right now. There's just something rewarding about putting things together and making something new. I'm not great at it, but I'm learning and it's sure fun. Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

The Hansen's said...

Wahoo for new toys for mommy and Tatie! He changes so much each time I see him. It's kinda sad that he is not so baby anymore but he is so handsome and fun I guess it makes up for it. Good luck with the sleeping through the night thing, maybe you can have him sleep in the livingroom at night? Love you all!

Amy Mak said...

Love the photos of Tatey! And you certainily ARE great at sewing. I wish I could sew like you. It stinks that you are now in NH and we are not. I hope the house hasn't floated away yet with all the rain. Have fun!