About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Picture Wednesday

It's been a wonderful week. It's gone very fast. Glenn just went back to work on Tuesday. My mom came last Friday and is staying until next Monday. We've had a lot of fun and a lot of help around here and I'm very grateful for every bit of it. Every time I think about my mom leaving and all of the other upcoming changes around here I just have to make myself think about something else. Can't fathom it. Not yet. I was hoping that my speedy labor and delivery would mean for a speedy recovery too. Unfortunately, that's not the way it works. Same process. Same recovery. It's slow and I'm tired, but we'll get back to normal eventually. And until then, we'll enjoy the slower pace.

Here are a few highlights from the week with our two boys and wonderful visitor:
1. Tate asking for Nanna to read to him before his nap and not me. For the most part he's being sweet to his Nanna and loving his time with her, which I love to see. We haven't seen Nanna for 6 months so I'm glad he's loving having her here as much as I am. It's really fun to watch them play.
2. Finn is a happy eater. He makes the sweetest squeaky noises while he's nursing. It's hilarious and LOUD. It's like a little "grunt-squeak-grunt-squeak-grunt-squeak" as he breathes in and out. It's darling.
3. Lots of afternoon naps had by all! Oh how I love these.
4. We went to dinner a couple nights ago and all of a sudden Tate started yelling "Finn. FIIIINNNNN" Like he was calling him hoping Finn would answer and tell Tate where he was. Finn was just in the car seat at the other end of the table, but for a second there big brother was very worried when he couldn't see his little buddy.
5. A trip to the zoo. Finn and I stayed home. Glenn, Tate, and Nanna ventured to the zoo and even fed the giraffes.
6. Lots of snuggles with these two.
Tate has yet to feel anything but warm and fuzzy for his little brother which is splendid.
Generally tired but loving life with help while I've got it.
Finn had his first doctor's appointment today. At 2 weeks old he's gained his birth weight and then some. Now he weighs 8lb. 15 oz. That's what Tate weighed when he was born. He's a healthy and happy boy and none of us can get enough snuggle time with little Finn.
Little Finn, 2 weeks old.

8 comments:

Amberly said...

he's still adorable, and I love your mom's face in the giraffe pic... so funny! enjoy the help... it leaves all too quickly!

Debi said...

Well, in my defense of the ugly picture - The zoo lady told us that the giraffe has an 18" long tongue.
I was not excited about getting to close to that long black thing. It has been wonderful being with my sweet daughter and her darling boys. Nothing as great as snuggling with the grandkids. It will be so fabulous to have them closer to home.

The Kelly Variety said...

Congrats! I like picture Wednesdays, it is amazing how much they grow in just one week. Cute boys.

Krista Hegstrom said...

So cute! Congratulations Kim - you can give me all the tricks to transitioning from one to two since I'll be doing that in just over a month. That's great your mom has been there with you.

Croslands said...

Oh now you are in the good life. Well, at least after you recover. Having those two sweet boys will be so much fun.

Nancy said...

He is so darling! I can't wait to hug, kiss and hold your boys!!!

Janelle said...

Love all of your pictures. And I'm so happy that everything went so smooth (and fast!) the day you had little Finn.
Can't wait to catch up with you. Get some rest, and we'll talk next week.

The Hansen's said...

I love you! I love you! I love you!
Seriously, can your little boys get any cuter?! I really don't think it's possible.