About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 5

Picture Wednesday, Finn at 5 weeks old.
We captured one of his funny little grins today.
Never looks as cute in a picture but I think my little baby's smiles are so beautiful. I'll work pretty hard making a myself look completely silly just to get a goofy little grin from my babe.
This week Finn is suddenly not a newborn anymore. I really don't love it and I love it so much at the very same time. Suddenly he's this darling, big, squishy baby instead of a tiny, fragile one. What happened and how did I miss it?
This week's been a rough one for me health-wise. I've had a pretty nasty migraine since just after Finn was born and this week it's gotten worse. And I'm fed up. I finally went to the doctor last week, got some meds that didn't work for me. I tried a bunch of other things too. Basically it's a stressful time, I'm not getting much sleep, and my hormones are out of whack. I suppose, for me, that equals a constant headache. Awesome. Before this week I just hoped that it would go away eventually. But now I'm tired of it. I want to exercise, play hard with my little boy, clean up around my house but everything just hurts too much. I'm ornery that I'm missing so much time with my rapidly sprouting kids, and our rapidly disappearing time in this house, and with the people here because I'm not feeling well.
My poor honey has been a trooper. He even stayed home from work today and helped get the house ready to list. He did a ton of cleaning, straightening, and yard work all day and then the Realtor came to take pictures. And now, our house is on the market. My beautiful house that I thought we'd live in for much, much longer than 10 months, is on the market again. It's cleaner and neater than it's looked since we've lived here and now that it looks fantastic, we're out of here. Oh well, that's life. I can mourn the loss of my lovely home, but it won't do any good so I'm trying not to get too upset about it. As my dad said once when I told him how I felt about my house, "Your house doesn't have any feelings for you. It doesn't care who lives in it!" True dad. On to the next, I suppose.
My doctor's calling in a new prescription tonight for my headache. I'm sure I'll find something to help soon. A blessing I was given recently said I would, so I'm sure I will. Let's hope for a better next week!

8 comments:

Amberly said...

praying for relief for you soon!! and he's chubby now! double chin and those cheeks, oh, delicious! Finn is going to make me impatient for July to get here.

Debi said...

Finny's smile is darling! I am amazed at how chubby he is looking. So cute! I'm so sorry about the headache. I sure hope you find some relief soon. I love you!

McKenzie said...

He is so adorable! I hope the headache gets better.

Katelyn & Wade said...

You are the trooper Kim. I can't believe you are packing and moving with that brand new babe. And Uncle Dave, while you're probably right, I'd like to think our homes love us as much as we love them...I'd be sad too. But you will find a new one to love soon I'm sure. Feel better!

The Hansen's said...

He is growing too fast! Darling as he is, it is just too much too soon! Slow down Mr Finn until I can love you and kiss those little baby cheeks of yours. Love your Auntie Aubry

Amy Mak said...

Adorable baby. I hope your headaches go away sooooon. Very hard to take care and enjoy babes when not feeling well. And I LOVE your dad quote about the house...hopefully your Denver home will be the place you call home for many many years!

Janelle said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling good. I'm sure the stress of moving isn't helping. Hope the new meds help.
I love Finn's little tongue sticking out. He's a cutie. Can't wait to see you again, soon.

Nate said...

Very cute kids! I didn't think that Glen would make that cute of kids. You will love Colorado. And I am sure that your headaches will get better about 18 years after you last kid is born.