About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sad Day

It's a sad, sad day when Nanna goes home. Quotes from Tate yesterday:
- After we told Tate we were taking Nanna to the airport. "Nanna, I don't want you to go to Utah."
- After we got back from the airport I put Tate down for his nap and when I finished reading to him and was leaving the room he said, "Can Nanna come in now?"
Sorry dude. All good things must come to an end.
This week with Nanna was so wonderful. She is an incredible mother and grandmother and we love her to pieces. She took very good care of us all this week. She took Tate on walks, to the park, the pet store, the library, the zoo. They spent hours playing with toys, reading books, and snuggling on the couch. She put Tate to bed every day for naps and bed time. She helped with the boys baths and getting them dressed and fed. She helped the boys and I get out of the house and made sure I didn't do too much. She cleaned, did endless loads of laundry, made sure we were all fed, and stayed up with little Finn when he was inconsolable at night. She watched the boys while Glenn and I escaped to see movies, TWICE. She completely took over while I rested up and started to feel better.
She was super woman this week and we were sad to see her go!
I love my mom. And it's amazing how I love her on a whole new level when I see her love my kids. She played hard with Tate all week long and it was just the greatest thing to watch my little boy adore his Nanna. It made me realize again how much we miss by living so far away.
So why did no one warn me that time speeds up even more every time you have a baby? Hmmm? These past few weeks have just flown. I thought Tate grew up fast but this is just nuts. I've thoroughly enjoyed my "fun time" having Glenn home for a week and then having Nanna come for more than a week was just plain bliss. It seems like I blinked and three weeks just disappeared and now I have two sons. I feel like it's been a constant party hanging out with my honey and my mom for such a long time and now it's time to figure out how my new reality is going to work. It's been a juggling act today but it wasn't as hard as I thought. It helps of course, that Glenn doesn't have tons to do at work this week and is able to come home early. It also helps that my husband is amazing and a huge help any time he's around. We'll get this all figured out.
In the mean time I have some very sweet memories of the past 2 weeks to look back on. Sweet moments with my mom. Long conversations, good food, and priceless play time with my two little boys and their Nanna.
Thanks so much for coming Nanna. We miss you already!

1 comment:

Katelyn & Wade said...

Basically I love Finn. And basically there is nothing more sad than seeing your own personal salvation go to the airport leaving you to wonder, "well crap, what now?!" So happy you got some Deb time!