About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This guy...

is just plain awesome.
Well, they're both awesome, but right now I'm referring to the older of the two guys. My sweetheart, my boys' daddy, the geologist, the athlete, and all around awesomeness personified.
We are very blessed that Glenn has a GREAT job right now. And in addition to that, he happens to love his job. And even better, his job happens to love him back. It's basically a dream situation in the current economy.
Glenn had a very flattering review a couple months ago in which his boss told him that he refers to Glenn as "the easy button". He trusts that he can send Glenn into any situation and Glenn will do an awesome job with very little supervision required. He's also great with people. He makes them feel comfortable, heard, and valued and it's a skill that a lot of science-minded people don't necessarily possess. So when his supervisor started to plan for some re-structuring in the company and had to choose a few people to bring with him to work in the Denver office, he chose Glenn.
Less than 3 weeks before Finn was born Glenn got a phone call wondering, "Would you consider moving to Denver?" Less than a week before Finn was born we got the official offer, considered it, and decided it was a good move for our family. So, there you have it. We're off to Denver in a few weeks. The timing is not ideal. We just had a baby. We just bought a house and will have been in it for less than a year when we hit the road. But we've always thought, of all the places we could live where Glenn could do his work, Denver is the place we hoped to end up. We're getting there much sooner than we expected, but there's nothing wrong with that!

Because the timing has been less than ideal, I haven't been able to really wrap my head around it. There was a new baby and then there was some recovery and adjustments to figure out and I really didn't want to talk or think about it for a while. I'm starting to get excited about it now. It's a lot to deal with at once, but it will mean great things for our family so we'll figure it out. Glenn's company is amazing and are taking really good care of us. The move is going to be relatively pain free, which is exactly the type of move I can handle right now.
I'll have to devote an entirely other post to my feelings about moving, but for now, I just want to record how proud I am of my sweetheart. He's amazing at what he does, takes great care of the boys and I, and I love him to pieces. Here's to another great adventure! Yee-haw!

6 comments:

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

Oh wow! We still haven't even gotten together! I can't believe we've lived in the same city for so long and only seen each other once. When are you leaving? Maybe we can figure something out, though I am having a baby in the middle of next month. Email me.

Mallory said...

Darling. We love Glenn. So happy about your upcoming work adventures. Super flattering and exciting. Can't wait to have you much much closer! :)

Amberly said...

I am so excited about your new adventure! I admire you to be able to see the blessings in the middle of all the madness. You are being watched over and it will all be great! Yea for Denver!!

The Hansen's said...

He is so great! We just love our uncle Glenn. I'm excited for you and am so amazed by you. I'm glad his company will help, they do seem great like that. cheers to Denver!

Unknown said...

So excited for you guys!!! And yes, you got a good guy. :)

Janelle said...

So glad to have a friend move to CO with me. We're gonna make it through this, right?!?!?