About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Picture Wednesday

I guess this week is going to be a silly face Picture Wednesday.  Finn's been doing this funny pucker face where he sucks his bottom lip under his top lip and that was the face of the day.  So here he is in all his 22 week old glory.

This week was a bit rough.  Glenn was out of town until this afternoon, and while the kiddos were really quite well-behaved, it was still no fun to be on my own all day and night.  Finn and I had a fight this morning at 4 am.  He said he was hungry.  I told him that he was fine and to go back to sleep.  He won, after about an hour of serious screamin'.  He's a pretty stubborn kid when he wants to be.  He's incredibly sunny and happy until he isn't and then there's really no consoling him unless you give him what he wants.  Luckily, what he wants is usually food or sleep and those are easy fixes.  The first time I realized that I couldn't calm him down was when he was just a couple weeks old and a friend came over to take some newborn pictures of him for me.  He started fussing and she said, "well, what do you do to calm him down?  Does it help to sing to him or snuggle him or wrap him up?"  I just thought about it for a second before I realized...nope, there's really nothing I can do.   Sometimes he takes his binky, but if he gets really mad then even that's a big, fat NO.  I'm lucky that he doesn't get mad for no reason very often because, truly, I'd be out of luck.
My birthday was this week.  Tate was excited about it.  When he woke up I snuggled in his bed and told him, "Today's my birthday, Tate."  He sat up in bed and said all excitedly, "And will there be cake?!"  He was excited all day about my birthday cake.  I received some sweet cards and phone calls, including one from Mal in Uganda.  That may have been the highlight of the day.  It was awesome to talk to her.  I miss her a lot.  Then Aunt Nancy and the Garvin crew had us over for pizza and cake in the evening.  It was so sweet of them to let us crash at their place so we didn't have to be alone on my birthday.  We had fun eating and talking for hours.  I sure love those Garvins.  They take good care of us.
They let us borrow the movie "Ice Age"this week.  It's been a big hit, especially considering our recent trip to the science museum where we saw a mammoth skeleton.  So lately Tate is Diego the saber tooth tiger and I'm Manny, the mammoth.  Flattering, I know.  "Hey, Mom, you're just a mammoth named Manny.   Manny, would you get me some goldfish?"

4 comments:

Mallory said...

haha Oh goodness, I can't even handle how much I love you and those two cute boys. I love this post. I hope you had a good birthday. :) I was excited to talk to you the whole day. It was lovely. It will be done again. :)

Amy Mak said...

Oh, that baby is SO cute! Paige and I are drooling. Glad you had a good birthday! And glad Glenn is back.

Amberly said...

I have a little boy like that. Little Beckham is a happy boy full of joy 90% of the time, but he has a "shut down mode" and when he hits it, no amount of bribery, threatening or negotiating can pull him out of it. He just has to work through it. I agree that I am so grateful it doesn't happen often because the rest of the time he is pure delight! Finn's funny faces are so so darling. He has so much cheek to smooch!! I'm sorry you didn't have someone to throw you a huge birthday bash, hope it was a good one!

Janelle said...

Glad you had a fun birthday in the end. And, hello, I'm glad you're on a fun get-away :)