About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Finny in Soccer!

Finn had his first soccer practice this past Sunday evening.  He missed his first practice last week because he had a stomach flu so he's been anxiously waiting for what seemed like a LONG time for his first soccer practice.
He has three coaches who are all parents.  In these pictures he is sitting next to Coach Maria.  She lives across the street from us and is SO sweet.  She has 3 year old twins, a boy and a girl, and has been a great resource for us.  She's so easy going and just darling.

In this picture Finn is telling Mister Reggie that he is a basketball player.  Good information to know during our soccer practice, right?


Finn practiced stopping the ball, kicking the ball to Glenn,

then dribbling the ball between cones and shooting into the goal.

His face was so fun to watch.  He either wore a mask of pure determination and focus or a huge, elated grin.  He did a very good job listening to his coaches, even though he often had a hard time understanding their accents.  I hope we will all get much at figuring out what people with different accents are trying to tell us with time.  This was Finn's first experience, other than classes in fellowship, learning and taking instructions from someone other than Glenn and I and I'm very pleased to say that he did incredibly well.  I'm so excited to see him play over the next several weeks.  This little league is what's called a "self-directed group".  Run sort of through Aramco and there are fees associated with participating for uniforms and such, but it is run by volunteers who are unpaid.  This age group has practices once a week for 45 minutes and no games.  Finn was so happy and sweaty after his practice was over and he told me as we walked off the field, "Mom, I made some goals and I think I won the game!  Did I win the game, mom?"  Yes, buddy.  You absolutely did.

2 comments:

Amy Makechnie said...

That boy is so darling! And I'm so glad he can play soccer in Saudi Arabia! Thanks for the pictures - I need to come back here often for updates!

Debi said...

Those are the sweetest pictures!! I'm sure he will love his practices as will you! What a fun kid!