About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Picture Tuesday, 6 weeks old

Taryn and Kenna are chubbin up just a bit this week.  They're fitting pretty comfortably in some of their 0-3 month clothes now.  It's nice to have a slightly expanded wardrobe, but kind of sad to know that I've only got one or two more wears in some of their teensy newborn clothes.  It seems too soon to be putting away clothes that my new little babies have outgrown!  They still seem like my new little babies.  But they're not really.  They're 6 weeks old today and they're so much bigger than they were when they were born.
We went to their follow up cardiologist appointment this week and they both weighed over 8 pounds!  Taryn was 8 lbs 4 oz and Kenna was 8 lbs 5 oz.  Still quite a bit less than Tate when he was born, but SO much bigger than when they were born just 6 weeks ago!  It's crazy to me that Taryn has made up such a huge weight difference already.   The doctor appointment went really well.  The cardiologist was so very much nicer than the first one that I spoke with in the hospital.  He made it sound like Taryn's condition was really common and would just be monitored in case it got worse, but more than likely it would just continue to be a little murmur that wouldn't affect her life in any way.  That was SO great to hear.
The last two nights our babies have only woken up once!  We put them to bed at 10, they wake up 4-5 hours later at 2 or 3, and then sleep again until 5:30 or 6.  It's awesome and at the same time, it makes for a crazy morning racing to get all the kids fed and out the door in time to get Tate to the bus.  In the past I've only had Tate and Finn to get ready and fed from 6-6:30 but if the girls start waking up then too, I'm not really sure how to get to them all in just half an hour.  Maybe I'll have to start waking the boys up earlier?  This morning Taryn and Kenna were just hungry until we got back from the bus stop and I was able to sit down to feed them.  The ladies at the bus stop were more than happy to help hold and comfort them while we waited for the bus to leave so we could wave at Tate.
I sure love these two little girls.  I feel like it's going to be a common theme of my life from now on that I'll never feel like there's enough of me to go around.  Especially, at this time, with my two baby girls.  Some days I feed them, change them, and that takes about 45 minutes, and then I put them down somewhere so I can get things done or attend to Finn.  I don't often take time to play with them or talk to them or work to get them to smile at me because I have so many things that I have to get done in the time that they're not eating.  I'm sure it will get easier or maybe I'll just adjust.  But those moments when I do sit down and just connect with my little girls are so precious.
I had the most wonderful morning on Friday with my two baby girls while Glenn had the boys at fellowship.  I talked to them, sang to them, stared at them and felt so overwhelmed with gratitude that they are mine.  That I get to have two daughters.  Two sweet little girls at the same time.  I'm pretty sure these ladies are my last babies and I feel so grateful that I get two at the end to love and snuggle and dress up and sing to.  I get to have so much baby time to savor before my little baby days are over and that is pretty wonderful.

Here they are, Kenna and Taryn, 6 weeks old.  Not the greatest pictures today, but this is what I had time for while at the park doing my visiting teaching!  Nonstop day today!



1 comment:

Debi said...

So sweet Kim. I am amazed at all you can do with very little sleep but so glad the girls have given you longer stretches at night. Taryn is so much bigger! They are looking so filled out and beautiful. I love Tuesdays!!