About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Day trip!

This past weekend Glenn and I took a quick trip to San Antonio. It was so much fun. I really enjoy my time with Glenn now because I don't get to see him much. Having him to myself for a whole day was just a party!
We started out the day at the San Antonio Temple. It was very pretty. There were gorgeous stained glass windows everywhere.
I enjoy going to the temple and going to chuch for that matter, so much more here than I did at home. It's refreshing. It's a much needed break.
Next we went downtown to see the Alamo. It was smaller than I imagined. It's always cool to be in the actual place where historic events occurred. So many people were killed there defending the Alamo. They saw the Alamo as a symbol of Texas and of our country. They fought Santa Anna's army for 13 days and everyone in the Alamo was killed because no one came to help them fight. After that, the rallying cry for the rest of the war became "Remember the Alamo" because of the absolute devestation of the battle. It was neat to hear the stories and also to learn about some of the real people who fought there like Davey Crockett. Glenn and I spent the rest of the afternoon singing the Davey Crockett song from the old Disney movie.


After that we wandered around downtown for a bit. We went down to the riverwalk when it got too hot. In downtown San Antonio they have this pretty riverwalk that is below the street level. It's a winding river with sidewalks on both sides and there are some stores and restaurants and little boats taking people up and down. It's quite long. It winds around most of the city. It was very green, and very shady which was perfect.
I had heard about a fun Latin market downtown that we wanted to find so we hopped on a bus to market square. The market wasn't that special. The same things you'd find in any Latin market. We really went so Glenn could find some authentic Mexican food. He got some tacos at a little stand and the hot sauce that came with them packed quite a punch. I don't think I've ever heard Glenn admit that anything is hot. The man has taste buds of steel...or he's just burned them off and they no longer exist. He wouldn't let me kiss him for a while after he ate the tacos. He told me that if he thought this stuff was hot, I would cry if I came in contact with it.
We found a roasted corn stand selling roasted corn ears on a stick. It reminded us of Nacho Libre...so we took a picture.San Antonio was a pretty city. Many of the buildings are older and just charming. It looks just like I imagine old Southern cities looking. It's a much prettier city than Austin, at least downtown San Antonio is. The busses we rode in were these cute little trolleys. It was so fun!
On the way home we stopped in San Marcos at the outlet malls because I wanted to check out a couple of stores I had heard about. They have a pottery barn outlet and a williams-sonoma outlet. I was hoping to find some cute baby stuff at pottery barn but it was pretty picked over. I could not believe the size of this outlet mall. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. Glenn agreed! He described it as, "two miles of shopping hell." I suppose if I go back I'll be going by myself. They had miles and miles of shops. All the standard outlet mall stores and then tons of more upscale stores as well. There is no possible way you would be able to get to everything if you walked all day. It seriously blew my mind. We'll see if I can get Glenn to go back with me for some Christmas shopping sometime. Maybe if I'm really really nice.

4 comments:

The Hansen's said...

What a fun outing, you guys did a ton of stuff. The temple is beautiful! Isn't it just a great repreave from the world sometimes? That outlet mall sounds fantastic! Bummer you didn't find any cute things for the babe. Tell Glenny hi and that we love him! Love you lots-Aub
PS you look fantastic!

Croslands said...

I enjoyed the story but all I kept thinking was. Where's the belly? I checked each picture and I can't even tell that you're pregnant! I guess that deserves a big hoorah.

I'll be making a trip down there just to hit the mall from hell. Can't wait. Glenn doesn't know what fun is.

Aunt Debi said...

Yeah, I couldn't see any evidence of little Fritz either. This better not be a joke! I thought you were going to get some stretchy pants! So glad you could have some time away with Mr. Cutie face.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Fun, fun, fun. But I do have to say, WHERE'S THE BELLY???? I guess I can't compare myself w/ three bambinos in there with anyone, but come on! you look awesome!