About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Day!

June 21st, 2005.
I woke up in a hotel room in Salt Lake. Got my hair done. Ate something Mom brought up from the continental breakfast. Don't remember what it was. Don't think I even tasted it. Read a sweet text message from Glenn. "Tomorrow we can wake up together!" Gathered all my stuff. Double checked that I had everything I needed. I'm sure there were check lists involved. Went to the temple. Met Glenn in the Celestial room. Glenn made funny faces and told me jokes so I wouldn't be nervous. Married my very best friend and the most handsome, wonderful man in the world. Remember almost nothing about the actual ceremony except that we kissed 3 times when given permission at the end. The sealer said, "Well, that's your first, second, and third kiss as a married couple." We like to kiss, okay? Some things never change.
Four years later our lives are very different. Wonderfully different. We have our sweet little boy, live in a different state far away from both of our families. Bed time is earlier, as is waking up time. Alone and snuggle time occur less frequently than they used to but are appreciated more. Our house is filled with sounds of barking, cooing, giggling, hiccups and spitting as much as it is filled with sounds of ESPN and musical sound tracks. Basically, our lives are great.

Life with Glenn thus far has been a wonderful adventure. Every day something new. Thoughtful cards and notes, doing dishes and changing diapers without a word from me, fun date nights, late night conversations even when he doesn't really want to talk. Tickle fights he always wins...he's just too strong...and stubborn. And backrubs galore. I have been happier these last four years with my sweetheart than I could have imagined and I would do it all over again.
Thanks for a wonderful four years together my love! Can't wait to see what's next!

Two holidays in one day! I'm so blessed to be surrounded by awesome dads! First of all, HAPPY first FATHER'S DAY to my sweetheart. So glad I married the dashingly handsome man I did because our son is SO cute and I'm sure it's all due to his good looks. Thanks for loving our son. Thanks for being a great dad who is excited to come home and just snuggle your little boy in the rocking chair. I love watching you love our little Tate and I can't wait to see how we all grow up together.


My dad is pretty awesome as well. Thanks for being such a great dad to me and grampa to my little man. There were years when we got along...less well. I tried his patience. He loved me anyways and might I add that he is now a VERY patient, and understanding man and while I know that most of that is just his nature, I like to think that the development and refinement of those good qualities are somewhat due to the years of practice I gave him. Love you dad!Arthur my dear father-in-law. This is Arthur overseeing the Thanksgiving feast. Or just waiting for the chow down to begin. This man can put away astounding amounts of food. Seriously impressive and a little unsettling. He is one of the kindest, most loving men I have met and I know where my man got so many of his good qualities. Thanks for raising such a great son for me and being an amazing example of unconditional, Christlike love. Love you Arthur.

2 comments:

The Hansen's said...

What an awesome double holiday for you guys! Happy anniversary, that was a beautiful day! I'm so glad that you are so happy with each other, you are so fit for one another it's wonderful. Glenn is such a wonderful man, I hope he loved his first fathers day.

Amy Mak said...

So nice, Kim. Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple!