About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Blessing Day

We flew out to Utah this past week for a quick trip so we could bless little man in my parents ward. I wanted to bless him where more of my family could attend. I'm so glad we did. It was a great day. I was able to catch up just a little bit with several family members who I see even less frequently now that I live so far away and my sweetheart gave my little boy a very sweet blessing. It was wonderful. Here are some pictures of the day. Tate at 16 weeks old.
Little Tate was wonderful before church and did great during the blessing too. He was very well-behaved. Oh by the way, I got a haircut while in Utah. I was bored and it is really hot here in Texas so I decided to try something new. I like it a lot. It's so different. I've never cut my hair this short before but it's nice.



After church was a different story. The poor guy couldn't get himself to sleep so he just cried the whole afternoon. I think the pictures are still pretty cute. He's got a great mad face.Here's the whole fam damily. Cody, Aubry, Adam, Camarie, Glenn, Tate, Me, Mackers, Dad, and Mom. Just missing Auntie Mallory.
Glenn had to fly back to Houston Sunday night...well he tried to anyway. His flight was late to Denver so he missed his connection to Houston and had a few other little problems. Anyway, my aunt and uncle in Denver were so sweet and let him stay there for the night and he eventually made it back to Houston on Monday. Tate and I stayed for a few more days to spend some time with my family. It was a great trip. I always go home thinking, "I am just going to lay around and relax for a few days because there is nothing for me to do here." But it's surprising how busy and full my days at home become.
It was fun to spend some time with my little niece again. She is so different from the last time I saw her. It's amazing how much she is learning. She is a sassy little girl now.
Mya and Tate, the sole "Hansen" cousins got a little bit of snuggle time. Most of it was forced for photo ops. Little Mya is ridiculously flexible. She just lays on the ground and spreads her lets out in the splits or straddles and it's no big deal.

Mya looks adorable in her tiny swim suit.
Tate had a great time swimming with Nanna.

He got really worn out and fell asleep in the pool.

Tate also spent a lot of time trying to fit his entire fist in his mouth. This picture kind of creeps me out. It looks like he has no hand at all and he's sucking on his nubbin.
This side view makes me feel a little better. Silly boy.
We stayed busy running errands and such. We found great new fabric stores, planted flowers, went baby clothes shopping and suit shopping for my dad. Then there was the great and terrible 13th birthday party for Mckenzie to plan. Tate had a great time as well. He bonded with Nanna and Grampa again. He even helped throw Grampa's back out after a long snuggle session during a movie. Good times. He's not a little guy any more, is he gramps? You've gotta pace yourself.

Auntie Kenzie and Tater. Happy birthday my dear little sister. Hope you know how much we love you and how glad we are that you are our sister and aunt!
Thanks for the great trip! We miss you already.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sad we missed little Tates blessing. We were picking up Kevin at the airport after a trip to the Dominican. Hope we can catch you next time you're here!s

Amberly said...

1. your haircut is completely darling! I really really like it, it suits your very well and looks like a cool, fresh sumer cut.
2. it looks like you all color-coordinated for the fam picture at the blessing... so cute!
3. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip home and I hope you're settling back in. it used to be so hard for me to go back to my new home after being with all my family.
love you to pieces!

Amy Mak said...

Such cute photos! Thanks for the post. Little Tate is adorable; I really wish we could see him next month. Love your haircut - very very nice.

Janelle said...

Love his nubbin. Very cute pictures! Glad ya'll had fun up in Utah.

Joni said...

I love, Love, LOVE your haircut...or should I say haircute?! :) Glad you had a great time with the fam!

The Kelly Variety said...

That nubbin is the best!

Michelle said...

The picture of him in the little suit is TOO cute! :) Oh, and I love the haircut! It seems like everyone gets the "new mommy haircut" around 4 months... ;)