About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6 Months and Birthday Weekend

Tate at 26 weeks old.
I love how little his face looks in is dad's arms. Tate turned 6 MONTHS OLD yesterday. Oh my goodness where has the time gone. I feel like being a parent makes time go faster. I just don't feel like he should be 6 months old yet. Such a sweet little kid. He's a very good sport for all of our family adventures. Lots of long drives, sporting events, flights, and other general craziness. He's a very good sport.
This weekend was a long weekend for Glenn so we took off on Thursday after work and went up to Austin. Glenn wanted to have his birthday dinner at Pappadeaux's so we met up with the Cluffs for some yummy Cajun seafood goodness. Here's Glenn with his birthday Alligator. Mmmm. I tried some. Not at all bad tasting. I just wouldn't eat bunches of it for the pure fact that I would know I was eating alligator. Thanks so much for celebrating with us Cluffs!
We had a great weekend of running errands, relaxing, being at our home in Austin, and of course another Red Sox game. Glenn found out that the Red Sox were playing the Texas Rangers on his birthday weekend so that's what he requested for his birthday present. On Saturday we drove up to Dallas and had a couple of hours before the game so we went to the Texas book depository. It's the building from which Lee Harvey Oswald shot President Kennedy. The whole sixth floor is a museum that sort of sets up the social and political context of the time and tells the story of JFK's assassination and the events following. You go through the exhibit and read and see pictures and videos about his election, policies, family, etc. Then you get to the day he was assassinated and you reach this corner of the room and the window he was shot from. They have it set up exactly as it was the day he was shot. Out the windows you can see exes on the street below where the car was when it was shot at three different times. Powerful stuff. I learned a lot. I know I learned about the 60's in some history class years and years ago but it was neat to make connections to JFK and the many things that happened during his short presidency. It sure was a crazy time for our country. It was a really neat experience and I'm so glad we went.
Then we were off to the game. Ranger's stadium is amazing. Huge and modern, the antithesis of Fenway. Very cool experience. The Red Sox lost again. Glenn is ignoring the fact that they've lost both times we've been to watch their games. Pure coincidence, I'm sure. After the game we drove back to Austin and got home at 2am. We were all exhausted. Poor Tate didn't know what to do with himself when we woke him up to get him out of his car seat. The "I'm so tired I don't even know what to do" cry and hysteria are tragically funny.
Happy Birthday honey. Thanks for the wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

McKenzie said...

I have recently become acquainted with the "I'm so tired I don't know what to do with myself cry." It turns out our baby won't sleep when there are people around. I'm glad Glenn got to have a great birthday weekend!

Oh, no, we can't tell who she looks like yet. We get mixed reviews depending on who we ask.

Nate said...

Dear Glen,

Please stop dressing your kids in red sox gear.

Love,
Nate

PS. The Socks Suck

The Hansen's said...

Happy Birthday Glenn! Looks like you had a great weekend of celebrations, though I must admit that your birthday cuisine leaves something to be desired. Seafood, of course but alligator... I'm not so sure. Once again you found another fun place to visit, very cool. Glad you got another ballpark under your belt, good times.
PS- Tate looks so grown up in that first picture, oh such a handsome little man.