About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Shakespeare! Huzzah!

The ladies in the Hansen fam have a long standing tradition of seeing all of the plays at the Shakespearean festival in Cedar City every August. I was thrilled to have another year of great plays, and even greater company. Things were a little different this year. We added two babies, two new ladies and were minus one Mallory. Camarie and Mckenzie came for the first time this year and Cody and Adam came along as well to watch the babes in the hotel room while we went to two plays each day. The boys were very good sports and it was nice to leave the babes for a little bit. I really enjoyed the break and felt like I was missing a limb everywhere I went. I'm so unused to being anywhere without Tate.
The plays were wonderful. I'd forgotten how much I love to see plays. I love looking at the sets, the costumes, and thinking about the director's concepts, lighting and sound and acting choices. I just forgot how much I miss and love watching theatre. This year we saw, "Private Lives", "The Secret Garden", "Foxfire", "Henry V", "Comedy of Errors", and "As You Like It".
Little miss Mya has grown up so much. She's so animated and has an expression and big reaction to everything she sees or touches or hears. She started doing this funny strained face when she touched ice and her whole body would flex really tight. We made her do it all night. Oh my cute little niece.
We ate out, went for walks and just sat in the hotel rooms and talked. It was great to catch up with everyone. I feel so out of touch and behind the times living away. Thanks again mom for a wonderful trip!
Tate and I were able to spend the rest of the week in Utah with my fam. Tate spent time this week reconnecting with Nanna, Grampa, and of course Auntie Kenzie. Kenzie sure can make him laugh. There were several times when he was grumpy and fussy and Kenzie would come pick him up and would have him smiling, cooing, and laughing in no time. It was so sweet. They're good buddies already. It's so nice that our little guy has Aunties and Uncles who love him so much.
Dad found a new rappelling spot up AF canyon and took us up on Saturday. We had a great time rappelling all afternoon. It was Mckenzie's first time and she was a little nervous at first. She went down with mom, dad, and I the first few times and then wanted to keep going down by herself. She was very brave. I'd forgotten how much I like rappelling. That first little "Oh jeez I could die right now" as you step over the edge of the cliff, and then flying down the rock as you hop down the cliff. So much fun. It was a great new spot and a really fun afternoon.
Remove Formatting from selectionTate had a good time hanging out in the front pack with his Nanna. It was his first trip to the canyon. These are mountains Tate. Aren't they beautiful?We sure missed our Glenn all week. He had to stay back in Houston at work. He gave his final presentation this week and did really well. We should know in a few weeks or so if they want to offer him a job next year after he's done with school. Only two more weeks of his internship, then it's off to the next big adventure. Thanks fam dears for the wonderful trip back home!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

sounds like a wonderful trip! time away from dad can be a bummer, but it's so fun to be with family again when you live far away. glad you and tate had the chance to be spoiled a little!

Janelle said...

You are quite the traveller. I am impressed!
We can't wait for ya'll to come back to Austin.

The Hansen's said...

What fun times, it was so much fun to see you. It sounds wierd but I didn't realize how much I miss you until you were back. I don't know if I expressed that very well but oh well. Thanks for the wanderings and the talks, and letting me squeeze Tate. Love ya!