About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

6 in 10

Mom and Glenn are at church and I am supposed to be napping but I just had to tell this story! I have so very much to say about this past week but it may take a bit to put things together so right now I'll just document our last ten hours.
Last night mom and I got little Tate ready for bed in some cute jammies, fed him, then went to change his diaper before putting him down. As we were changing him he decided to pee all over his outfit. He always seems to aim directly up and it gets all over his clothes and sometimes up to his face. He thinks it's funny. So he got a new onesie and pjs before he went to sleep.
Woke up to eat again around 1:30, ate half his meal and then I felt an explosion so I went to change him and hopefully get him to wake up a bit so he would finish eating. As I was wiping up the poop he peed again...all over his outfit. We're on pj and onesie number 3. Then I fed him the other half of his meal and he needed to be changed again. I was really careful to remove his gauze over his circumcision just at the last moment but he knew my plan and that was when he decided to strike. Again he peed all over his outfit during the diaper change and again I changed his whole outfit before he went to sleep. Pj number 4.
Woke up the next time around 4 and Glenn was changing his full wet diaper when he again peed all over his outfit. We just put him in a onesie while he ate and then I got him dressed in PJ number 5 after everything was finished.
He just woke up as Mom and Glenn were leaving for church. I went to get him up and lo and behold his whole pj gown and onesie were soaked. His diaper was really full but it had somehow leaked out and up his back as well. He was truly completely soaked. I think the whole thing is hilarious, which is great because it could have been really frustrating but every time it happened I just thought, "Are you serious?" and started laughing. He just seems like such a tiny little person to be producing so much urine. We're not talking he just squirted a little and I'm up tight so he needs to be changed. Nope. He seriously soaked his clothes every single time. It was so stinkin' funny!
So there you have it. He is currently on his 6th pj and onesie in the last 10 hours. And I was starting to think I had too many up to three month clothes. Ha. So I'm baffled as to what to do. I guess I should try to just put a wipe over it while I'm cleaning off the rest of him, but even if it prevented the upward projection he'd still soak the wipe and it would still get all over his lower half. I think it would be easier to make sure it's covered well when his circumcision is healed and we don't have to worry about being so sensitive with it. Poor little guy.
Thanks so much for all the congrats on the blog and the calls and offers to help. I really love that you are all so supportive and as excited about this as we are! I have so much to say but I know I need to at least try to get some rest. It's hard when all I want to do is hold and stare at my little Tatie all day long.

11 comments:

Janelle said...

Ahhh, welcome to Motherhood. Just wait til he poops all over you, and the changing table, and the wall behind you...Oh, we have some stories.
He is adorable. Congrats again!

The Hansen's said...

Good luck with that... I'm not sure about any tricks with boys. Maybe you need to invest in one of those pee-pee tepee's. ;) There is something very forceful about their poops... you witnessed Mya first hand. It's always an adventure. I hope you are doing well! Auntie Aubry would love to see more pics of you all.
Love you to pieces!

Croslands said...

Ah the joys of boys. I really forgot all about that. There would really be times that Charlie would be dressed and just have a giant wet spot on his back. What?! It made no sense to me.
My only advice is keep a washcloth handy while your changing him so you can throw it on top.
I know that you are probably taking a gigillion pictures of him so you might as well post them here! Maybe do the weekly pic like Aub does. It will always give you something to blog about.
Oh and thanks for sharing that story. I can't believe it happened every time. Pretty funny.

Glenn Makechnie said...

Yes. He "wets" (Debi is here) EVERY TIME we take his diaper off.

Amy Mak said...

I am smiling -so funny. Someone once looked at me deadpan and said, "Tuck DOWN." It does help when the diaper in on, but when the diaper comes off...good luck with that :) Thanks for the updates. I'm a faithful reader! So happy you are happy!

Amberly said...

so darling! it sounds like you're keeping a great perspective about things that could be frustrating in a sleep-deprived mother's state. congrats a million times!

The Kelly Variety said...

It looks like he is enjoying those home cooked meals! That was a fun story.

Unknown said...

Ahh the joys of boys.

Amanda and Miles said...

Don't you love it! Jacob in the first two weeks shot poop on me twice. So it was my clothes I was changing not his.

Sarah Shelley said...

Good times. I was afraid it was going to be a "poop lasagna" story. Oh well, you'll get that too I suppose. I agree with AmyMak, tucking down is good. Miles had the wet spot at night until I did that. Also, I would do a "fake-out" I would start to take the diaper and the "circ" gause off and then as he started to pee...I would hurry and put it back down. Sometimes it would work and sometimes I would end up changing everything anyway. It is super funny though for sure. Thanks for bringing back good memories!

Rachel Ann said...

Ever heard of the pee pee teepee? Here is a link. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=pee-pee+teepee&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3119286767&ref=pd_sl_8wso35a9mh_b
I have never actually used it... The more you change diapers the faster you get.... the less likely they are to pee. Jake always ate his pee. :)