About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One week

Tatie is one week old today! I can't believe it. This week has gone so fast. It makes me a little sad to think about what we were doing a week ago right now. This whole motherhood thing is so crazy. I find myself so amazed with everything he is doing today and so in awe of the sweet little person he is. And I'm also so excited to see him grow and see his personality start showing through and at the same time I just ache for the week of his life that I have enjoyed thus far and how fast it has flown by and how much I miss those first few days. I wish I could just rewind and live it all over again a few times until I get my fill of all of the tender moments and sweet firsts.
We took Tate to his first doctor's appointment yesterday. Here's our little guy outside the doctor's office with Nanna. His very first outing.
When we left the hospital on Thursday he weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces. Yesterday he weighed 9 pounds 1 ounce. A total weight gain of 10 ounces in 4 days. Yep, he's a healthy boy and a really good eater!
Here are a couple of pictures from this first week of his life. I have so much more to blog about and many more pictures to come but I want to enjoy my mom as much as I can while she is here so I'll make more time to blog after she goes home on Thursday.
Check out the double chin. Oh I just love my little chubbers. He is a great snuggler. I love how relaxed he is right after he eats. He is just totally drunk and limp and will just snuggle into your shoulder. It's so funny.
Tatie has a really cute cry. We haven't heard a really loud piercing scream yet. His cry always sounds a little hoarse and tired. When he gets really sad it gets a little higher in pitch and more hoarse like he's just so worn out he can't even make a big sound. It sounds so pathetic it just makes us all want to snuggle him and make it better.

4 comments:

Amanda and Miles said...

Oh, too cute! The time goes so fast with them. Jacob in a month time will turn one.

The Hansen's said...

Thank you for more pictures, I love the neckedy one on his changing table! Oh, he is so so so cute I just can't even stand it! I'm so glad that everything is going well. Love you lots.

Unknown said...

What a cutie!!! I'm with you, the time goes WAY too fast. Glad you're enjoying!

Joni said...

Oh my word, what a cute little man! I'm glad you're having such a great time with him. :)