About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

OH BABY!!!!!

Tate Willem Makechnie.  Born 02/17/2009 at 5:54 a.m.  8lb, 15oz, 20in.  Mom and baby are home and Nanna Debi is here to help.

Kim felt great the whole time..... especially after her epidural.

Tate is a big boy.  He had meconium in his water, so there were lots of people in the delivery room when he was born to help clean him up and suction him out before he could aspirate his poop.  Of the eight or so hospital staff in the room at the time, at least four of them had said something along the lines of "holy $#!& that's a big kid!" between the time he came out and when they got him across the room to the heat lamp.

After making sure mom was ok, Glenn got to hold Tate's hand and carry him over to see his mommy.

An hour and a half of pushing really did a number on his head.  This picture was taken today, two full days in the hospital after his birth.  He has had some time to get back his geometry.  I think he has my nose.  Other than that we are still trying to place his features.

We are both exhausted, and deeply in love with our baby boy.

Nanna Debi is here to help out for a few days.  We are so thankful to have someone to take him for a while so we can get some rest!  He obviously loves his nanna!

He just loves the outfit we brought him home in!  After he was done crying, we didn't hear a peep from him for four hours until we woke him up to eat his first home-cooked meal in our new glider chair.

I'm sure there will be many more pictures and videos of Tate posted on this blog in the days to come.  We are both so in love with our little man.  Thank you to everyone who has been encouraging to Kim and I during her pregnancy.  We are in awe of our little miracle.

20 comments:

Croslands said...

Hooray! I can hardly wait for pictures. I've been checking a gigillion times a day. If the little dude has a cone head than just put a hat on him. We won't know.

natabird said...

He is soooo cute. You guys did good. He is bigger than Jack is now, and Jack's already 4 weeks old. I guess 2 days late isn't that bad. Congratulations. I can't wait to see more pics of him.

Amy Mak said...

He is SO cute. Can't wait to meet him!

JoAnn said...

whoopeee!! babies are the best! I am glad you guys are enjoying him!

Lindsay said...

Congrats! I'm excited for pictures!

Kacey and Joe said...

Glenn you're a dad!!! That's INSANE! Congratulations you guys, he's beautiful. PS, my cousin just had her baby. 10 lbs, 15 ounces! That's something I'm glad our little Kim did NOT have to deal with that. Love you guys!

Michelle said...

I found your blog from Janelle's and I just have to say your little boy is adorable! He's almost as big as Nathan was, but I still think he looks TINY! I thought Nathan was tiny too though...shows what I know! Congrats you two! He's adorable! Enjoy this first little while. Being a parent is amazing!

Michelle said...

This is Michelle Rankin by the way :)

Kristina and Tyson said...

Hooray for you two! Wow, what a good looking family! I am so excited for you and Tate is really a handsome little guy! I can't wait to come and visit and hold him!! Glad to hear that all went well and good luck being a Mommy! It is the best adventure you will EVER embark on!

Liz said...

Yeah! I love seeing all of the pictures from your amazing day. Tate is so so SO cute - and I love his name :)
So excited for y'all!

Croslands said...

Wahoo! Baby Tate is a cutie. I love the picture where he is screaming. I'm excited to see him more and more. I know he's big but he still looks teenie to me.

On another note, Nana Debi looks so happy. Mike and I were saying how good she looks in that picture. You can tell that she is right where she wants to be.

Love him up!

Calene said...

Congrats from the Saltmarshes!!! He is beautiful, and worth the wait.

The Hansen's said...

Congrats from Aunt Aubry and Uncle Cody! Oh and cousin Mya too! We are so happy for you and can't wait to see tonz and tonz of pictures, I wish I was there to give you a giant hug and him a good long snuggle! He is so handsome! We LOVE you guys!

Rachel Ann said...

Congrats!! He looks adorable. We are happy for you guys! Tanner's dad and brother said this to him so I will say it to you... way to be a man Glenn. You had a boy!

Rachel Ann said...

Tanner said he is more of a man though... he has had two.

Tim, Jennie, Paisley, Claire and Moose said...

I am so glad everything went well. He is beautiful.
Love you guys and hope to see you soon.
Cousin Jennie

Katelyn & Wade said...

Finally! I have been checking back everyday for photos! I sat here and got all teary reading and looking, it's just so amazing that grundle of love! He looks teensy to me too! Congratulations you two, so exciting.

Sarah Shelley said...

Congratulations!!! He wasn't too late. ;) He looks beautiful(even thought technically boys are supposed to be handsome, right?). Great job!

Krista Hemsley said...

YAY!!!! Oh he is ADORABLE! I am so excited for you two! You are both going to be fantastic parents.

Kristen Parker said...

OH!! im soooo happy he is finally here!!:) He is ADORABLE!!! that is so wierd to think you really have a baby!!!! congrats!!