About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Unemployed.

Yesterday was my last day at Janie and Jack. This feels so wierd. I've had a job since I started teaching piano lessons when I was 12. It's wierd not to be making any money. I have lists of things to get done in the next couple of days to keep me busy until little man decides to show up. Did you see the ticker today? 2 days. Yep, my due date is on Sunday! I have a feeling he'll be a little later than sooner. Hopefully not too much later though. Mommy isn't working anymore and would like someone to play with!
I had more fun pregnant comments at the store yesterday. I'm making some treats the next couple of days to bring to my friends at my work and neighbors and such. It's basically just to give me something to do. The cashier was ringing up my ingredients for sugar cookies and score bar cake and she said, "Wow, I guess you're craving sugar and chocolate huh?" I said, "Well, I'm making valentines cookies to take to some friends." She just kept on going, "Well when I was pregnant all I wanted to eat was cookies and cake and ice cream and candy all day long so I totally feel ya honey." Thank you large black lady, I appreciate that you understand my apparently obvious problem. Then she asked when I was due and when I told her that I was due this coming Sunday she just stopped and looked at me with these huge eyes and said, "My goodness, I better start moving faster huh? I better get you out of here so you don't go into labor right here in the store." I love feeling like a ticking time bomb. Good times.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Hahaha...don't you know you ARE a ticking time bomb?! Just jokes...that's hilarious.

Stephen & Kendra said...

Enjoy your time off now because you will be busy soon. Being a mother is so much fun but also a lot of work. I am excited for you.

natabird said...

The things some people say in the last few weeks are entertaining. I even got a tip about what to do when i'm in labor from a random old woman while in line at the bakery. I hope everyting goes well with your delivery. Good luck.