About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Grateful 11/9

Today I am grateful for:
1. Little puff treats for little babes. They bought me a little extra time so I could complete a task today. Sometimes I feel like I have 20 unfinished projects around the house and just before I can finish them little man is into something he shouldn't be or needs some mommy love.
2. The intense concentration that consumes Tate while he tries to get those little puffs from the table to his hands to his mouth. Then he has the issue of getting them far enough into his mouth that he doesn't accidentally push them out with his tongue. He just gets so serious. His brow is furrowed and his hands move really slowly. It's a very serious job.
3. Wipes and washcloths to clean up the puffy slimy mess that results from the above activity.
4. Cousins. I'm glad my little man has cousins. Cousins are the best. We're excited for him to meet all of the Makechnie cousins next week. We tried to take little Hansen cousin pictures in their adoreable matching cousin outfits that my mom bought for them while we were in Utah. We tried to take them on two different occasions. It was like they took turns smiling and being stone faced. They're not perfect but I sure love them. These two are going to be trouble together for sure.
At the end of our picture taking session Tate decided it would be a good idea to stand up from his chair and fall directly onto his face. It was pretty funny looking. He didn't try to put his hands up to catch his fall or anything. He just planted his face directly into the grass. Thump. This is the resulting fit. Am I a mean mother because I find his angry and pouty faces so completely irresistible? Sometimes I wait just a second before I swoop in to snuggle, just to cherish the little mad faces.
5. My boys. Man I love my handsome boys.
6. I'm going to add a sixth grateful item today. My honey got a great job offer today from a great company. He is SO relieved that we have something for next year. I'm not going to give any details because I'm just not sure it's the end of the story yet. I just feel like there are a couple of other companies we're waiting to hear from that would be better for us in some ways but we'll see. It's an amazing job and we're very lucky to have it. Anyway, I'm really glad that my honey has that enormous stress off his shoulders. Who knew that Glenn knew how to be stressed? Not me!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

oh kim, that last one is huge!! congrats to both of you. while it may or may not be the one you take, it's such a relief to know there's a good option... yea!!

The Hunt's said...

I remember the 'puff' concentration so well! Tessa's little chubby fingers trying to pick up her puffy, I thought it was the cutest thing ever! And YAY! Sigh of relief knowing you have an employment option!